Nigerians have been made to understand that there are some set of people who influences the decision and actions in Aso rock, the nation's seat of power. They are more like mere advisers and close to the presidency with much power at their disposals. They are tagged as 'Cabals'.
President Muhammadu Buhari has been in the United Kingdom on a medical vacation for close to two months. His deputy, Yemi Osinbajo has been in the acting capacity fuelling speculations about his health. But, in Buhari's absence, his aides are uncomfortable with Osinbajo's rising popularity.
But, be as it may, Osinbajo also has his political loyalties that work closely with him. They include:
1. Asiwaju Bola Tinubu – A former governor of Lagos state, Tinubu is the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress. He is regarded as the kingmaker in Nigerian politics, and reportedly one of those that anointed Prof. Yemi Osinbajo as running mate of Muhammadu Buhari.
2. Lai Mohammed – Lai Mohammed, former National publicity of Action Congress of Nigeria is Nigeria's Minister of Information and Culture. The Kwara-born politician is one of the the founding fathers of the ruling All Progressives Congress, and one of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu's loyalists.
3. Abike Dabiri – The rebuttal of Abike Dabiri-Erewa’s travel advisory by Nigeria's Foreign Minister, Geoffrey Onyeama clearly exposes the division in the Federal Government, and whose side each party belongs. Dabiri, from Lagos state, is the Special adviser to President Buhari on Foreign affairs and diaspora. Earlier this week, Dabiri asked Nigerians to postpone their trips to the US be avoided until the Donald Trump administration’s policy on immigration is clear. It sparked a diplomatic row that Onyeama issued a counter-advisory and insisted that his ministry was the right authority to speak on the nation’s external relations and asked the public to ignore the alleged barring of Nigerians by the US Government.
The minister stressed that the most authentic sources of information on the issue of the nation’s foreign relations should be the President’s spokespersons and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
He said, “On the issue of Nigerians being turned back from the US, this is not the case. If the Nigerian government is speaking on any external relations, you will hear it from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Office of the President.
4. Babafemi Ojudu – Babafemi Ojudu, a native of Ekiti is President Buhari's special adviser on political matters.Babafemi Ojudu, a former senator, though is Buhari's aide is deployed to the office of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo Ojudu, like some others in the political circle also belong to Asiwaju tinubu's school of thought and will do anything to stand with Prof. Yemi Osinbajo.
5. Rotimi Amaechi – Rotimi Amaechi, a former governor of oil-rich Rivers states is Nigeria's Minister of Transport. He is also among the loyalties of Tinubu, Osinbajo