Tuesday, February 21, 2012

REVEALED!!!...Paracetamol kills

Too much Paracetamol can kill, a pharmacology lecturer at the university of Ghana medical school has stated. People who take an overdose of the drug, would still feel well and normal for up to 24 hours.

However, beyond that time, the condition of the patient would deteriorate very fast. “If a dose taken is large enough, the patient will die within 48 hours Dr. Alex Dodoo explained. In a publication on drug use, he said it was important that anyone who had taken an overdose of paracetamol be sent to the hospital immediately even if the person look and feel well. He stated that prompt attention to such a patient in that case would save the life of the patient.

Touching on overdose of medicines in general, Dr. Dodoo noted that in all cases of overdose, whether accidental or deliberate it was important to contact the nearest health facility for prompt professional attention. “Contact your health post, primary health care centre, community pharmacy, licensed chemical sellers shop, clinic or hospitals and show samples of medicine taken to assist the health professional in providing best available care”, he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment